Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Concert

Sooo....I meant to write about this sooner, but I just neve had time to sit down an do it.

Earlier this month, Cheryl took my sister and I to a concert. I was nervous, but the fact that I wasn't panicked surprised me. I was scared, yes, but able to function normally. I even left my water in our seats when we went to change into our new "This is gonna make you stronger" t-shirts.

I really enjoye myself. It was nice to sit and enjoy the music...when we were sittin that is. Several times we were literally dancing in the aisles and it was amazing. A night full of worship, talking, laughter, tears, and praise.

This entry is a short one, but it is one that seems important. Concerts are one of the things that I promised myself I would avoid. All the people, the closed space, confinement, and loudness...it's almost like asking to have a panic attack. But this one was smaller, and a good solid step for me, I think. 

I am so thankful for a Spiritual Mom who loves me enough to pull me out of my comfort zone (despite my protests or reluctance) to show me that the world isn't always as scary as I make it out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment