Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Families

Hi!
Soo....today I want to talk about one of my biggest blessings. I have been blessed to be one girl, with TWO amazing families.
My first family, my blood family, is pretty amazing.
It's my dad, me, and my brother and sister.
On my dad's side I have Grandma, Aunt Joyce and Uncle Allan, Uncle Kevin and Aunt Marian. I also have five cousins; Kylie, Kaden, Ashtyn, Devon, and Ethan.
Admitedly, I am not as close with anyone as I would like to be, but I am thankful for the times that we get to spend together.
On my mom's side (she died when I was a little girl) I have her parents, my Aunt Jessica and Uncle Steve, and Aunt Rachel. I also have two more cousins; Cameron and Amanda.
I am closer with all of the women on my mom's side, and I am so thankful for this.
 Although I love this family dearly, this is not the family I would like to elaborate on today. I know that I am already blessed beyone belief to have such an amazing and Godly family, but God also saw fit to bless me with an amazing second family...

In my second family, I have not only a couple that I consider as second parents, but also a whole skew of "siblings" that I love to death! My "second parents" are John and Cheryl. I've written a post already about Cheryl, my Spiritual Mom.
As far as siblings...well,
Jennifer Hoover is my "Big Sister", we were placed together by a mentoring program at church, just at the time when I felt like such an outsider. My relationship with her and Grace were just what I needed at that exact time. She and her husband, Andrew, act like true siblings. Always picking on me, but always there to encourage me. They're kids, I have claimed as my own. I feel very protective over my "niece and nephew" and I love them.
Then there's Dylan, who is like a brother to me. We have become friends recently, and I love that.
Also; Liz, Kailyn, Travis, and Matthew.
Liz is older, about seven years. We're slowly getting closer, and I've actually been able to go to her with questions about anxiety. I even asked her one today.
Kailyn and I are just starting to get close, though we've known  each other for close to two years now. I don't know much about her past or her story, but I do think of her as a sister.
 Then, they're Travis and Matthew, the Weston boys! I'll admit that I had a crush on Travis for a while last year. Honestly, I'm not sure what either of them think of me, because neither will usually speak to me. But I do think of them as brothers. I worry when they're sick or hurt, just the same as I do with every member as either of my families.

I am so thankful for the amazing families that God has blessed me with. It's nearly unthinkable that one person could be so "lucky". Thank You, dear Father, for those you have blessed me with, and those You have yet to let me meet!"

No comments:

Post a Comment