Friday, October 18, 2013

What It's Like for Me

Anxiety is different for every person who has it. For me...it just makes life very hard sometimes.
Usually symptoms of an anxiety attack include feeling like I am going to throw up, tightness or pain in my chest or torso, heat, and an overpowering feeling of "I have to get out of here NOW"
I'll have thoughts that only fuel the anxiety, that only make it worse. I fear that I'll have to go to the hospital.
The crippling fear that doesn't cripple you...it's unexplainable to anyone who has never experienced it.
But sometimes it's worse, and sometimes it's not so bad.
It all depends on what's going on around me and how focused I am.

Some days it's bad enough that I'm scared I'm dying. Other days I'm completely fine.

The only thing that keeps me from going off the deep end and locking myself in my room for the rest of my life is the facts that 1) I know it will end and 2) I know that God is with me.

Admittedly, it can be a daily struggle, but if I'm focused on God I know that I can win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment