Saturday, November 30, 2013

Anxiety and Christmas Cookies

Ok, so for three days Id been looking forward to going to Cheryl's house to bake cookies to take to Rare Breed-an organization that works with homeless teens in and around the Ozarks.
Friday morning I woke up sick to my stomach. Completely nauseous. It was awful.
I chopped it up to drainage from the cold I'd been fighting and hoped it would go away.
It didn't.
Around 11am I was considering calling and canceling, but my dad said no.
I am so glad he did.
He hugged me tight and told me not to worry. He said that he knew that it was easier said than done, but I was just thankful that-for the first time since I was 13 years old-he didn't say "get over it" or "it's all in your head". He said "You'll be ok. YOu like Cheryl, right?" And I just laughed. I wasn't worried about cookie baking, I was anxious about the car ride I thought we were taking to Rare Breed later in the afternoon.
about 11:30 I started getting ready. I decided I was going to wear makeup. I didn't care that it was just going to be me, Cheryl, and Amanda (and Briana, I found out later), I wanted to cover up my breakout.
My anxiety was HIGH and my stomach was churning. By 12:15 I hadn't eaten a thing and decided to go outside. It was cool, and that always helped with my nerves. Besides, she would only be about another 15 minutes.
Well, after helping my sister get a tennis ball out of the gutter, I just kind of walked around and waited for her. My stomach never did completely calm down. Even after we'd been at her house for a couple of hours, it was still upset.
We made cake cookies when we got there, and several jokes about Cheryl in the kitchen-a very rare occurrence.It was a fantastic time!
We were getting ready to leave, but at the last minute we called daddy and asked him if we could stay for a couple hours longer and eat dinner there. He said yes, I was excited. That was the first time I had eaten-whoa. Whoa-whoa-whoa. Cheryl. Cheryl! I just put together the fact that last night was the first time I have ever eaten a real meal at your house. (I'm not counting OUAT night because that was more of snacking, hahaha) Dude I don't know why that makes me so happy! Hahaha

 Anyway, back to the cookies. Well, actually, we forgot about the cookies for a while. We did nails, we played card games, and laughed when Cheryl named the guy that came to fix their internet "Jimmy".
During dinner we decided to watch Cheryl's favorite movie ever filmed-Les Miserables. Briana then becamse anti-social and hid in a corner with headphones because she hates Les Mis with a passion.
I curled up beside Cheryl and watched for about half an hour before it was decided that it was time for the Smith girls had to get home.
After we dropped Amanda off and got to out house, Briana went inside and Cheryl and I sat on the porch to talk. We didn't talk long though because she was worried about me. I was in flip flops, so I was shivering. She said something about not having felt me shake like that since the day we were up in Hammons Tower and she hugged me when she saw me.
I didn't want the moment to end, because I love the feeling of being in her arms. We just sat in a hug for several minutes, talking about the day and plans for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment